Last-Minute Travel Plans? Here Are 18 Quick Must-Do Traveling Tips!
Summer is all
about traveling and new experiences! This summer, I myself went on
a trip to Asia, and as much as I planned and tried to make
everything go smoothly, well... I probably could have done more
prep. I went to Singapore and stayed with my cousin, who travels a
lot for her job, and she shared some nifty travel tips that she and
her mom make sure to do when they travel.
Make sure to keep these tips in mind on your next trip!
- Find a good pair of running shoes; you’ll most likely be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring at least one nice outfit, just in case an occasion calls for it.
- Invest in one of those multi-plug travel adaptors. No matter where you go, you’ll be able to charge your phone, camera, and other important items.
- Try to have a pen on you; you never know when it will come in handy.
- Bring those little packs of tissues, because toilet paper isn’t always in every restroom.
- Have an emergency first aid kit with you like Band-Aids, ibuprofen, Neosporin, etc.
- Have an
emergency hygiene kit that contains a toothbrush, toothpaste, hand
sanitizer, chapstick, and anything else you might want with you in
the car or on a plane that would come in handy.
- Bring a few extra Ziploc bags for the airport and extra plastic bags for dirty clothes.
- Try to bring clothes that dry quickly so that in case you need to hand wash some clothes, you won’t have to wait a long time for them to dry. Denim, for example, takes forever to dry. Just something to keep in mind!
- Bring and wear sunscreen!
- Pack your socks in your shoes to save space and keep your shoe’s shape.
- Rolling your clothes instead of folding them saves a lot of space.
- If your clothes or shoes start to smell, put them in a Ziploc bag and leave them in the freezer overnight. Bacteria can’t live in the cold temperatures for long and they are the reasons for the smell.
- Remember to
call your bank/credit card company to let them know you’ll be
leaving the country so you wont find yourself getting denied when
using your card.
- If you think you should take a picture of it, do it.
- If you want something, buy it now. The extra dollars you might save if you find it cheaper somewhere else isn’t worth you not being able to go back for it, because chances are, you won’t have time to go back and get it.
- If you want to do something, do it. You may not have a chance to come back to this city or country for that matter, so do everything you want to. You’ll regret not doing it later.
- Probably the most important travel tip: If you have a chance to use the restroom, DO IT.
Hope these tips help you all out on your trips! Happy Traveling!
(Photo via TNYF/WENN)
- Amanda Baltazar, YH Staff