10 Quick Exercises To Burn Off Thanksgiving Lbs!
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to spend with family and friends and to really appreciate everything we have. It is also a time to eat. And if you’re anything like my family, eating is an art form. From turkey and mashed potatoes to honey baked ham and pumpkin pie, we all love to eat. But all that eating can leave you sitting in your stretchy pants for days. Here are some exercises to get you back to your pre-Thanksgiving size!
1. Bicycle Crunch
In stead of the normal crunch, this targets the side obliques and works out both your left and right side.
- Lay on your back like a normal crunch with your hands on your head or near your ears and extend your right elbow in to touch your left knee, which is bent in, while your left leg is extended straight out. Then do the opposite with your left elbow. 3 sets of 15-20 reps on each side is a good start.
2. Leg Lifts
This targets the lower abdomen.
- Lay on your back with your arms at your sides. With your legs side by side, lift them both up at a vertical position so your toes point to the ceiling, then back down without touching the floor until you have finished a set. 3 sets of 15-20 reps is also good for this exercise.
This exercise not only targets the abs but strengthens the core.
- Lie face down on the ground on your elbows. When you’re ready, lift your body off of the floor so that you are on your elbows and toes. Hold the position so that your back is straight for 30-60 seconds and repeat 3 times.
As much as I hated running as a child, it burns a lot of calories and gets the sweat rolling. Running for 10-30 mins is sufficient.
This is a great workout that tricks your body into thinking it's NOT working out at all! Swimming for 20 minutes can burn around 150-200 calories.
6. Vertical Leg Crunch
This intensifies the normal crunch because your legs are in the air, so it makes the abs work harder.
- Lay on your back with your legs crossed, pointing towards the ceiling. With your hands on your head, lift up your back so that your shoulders are off the ground. 3 sets of 15-20 reps is good for this exercise.
7. Ab Twists
This exercise just burns when you do enough of them.
- Sit up with your knees bent and your feet slightly off the ground. Lean back a bit until you feel a strain in your abs. Then move your arms to the left so that your right hand can touch the ground then do the same for the other side. Do this for 30-60 seconds.
8. Crunches on Ball
For this exercise, you'll need an exercise ball handy.
- Sit on the ball and lay on your back. Put your hands on your head and lift your upper half up like you're doing a regular crunch or sit-up. 3 sets of 15 reps is very good for this exercise.
9. Side Planks
Much like the regular plank, this also works out the core.
- Lay on on side and prop yourself up on your elbow so that your elbow and your foot are the only things touching the floor. Hold the position for 30 seconds and your abs will be working!
Any athletic activity will help burn off some of those calories. Even an hour of bowling burns off 150-200 cals. Any exercise is better than no exercise!