Donald Trump's election win has put Girls creator and star Lena Dunham off her food.
U.S. shock jock Howard Stern complimented the 30-year-old's slimline new look when she appeared on his SiriusXM radio show on Monday (06Feb17), and he was surprised by her answer.
“Donald Trump became president and I stopped being able to eat food,” she confessed. “Everyone’s been asking like, ‘What have you been doing?’ And I’m like, ‘Try soul-crushing pain and devastation and hopelessness and you, too, will lose weight.’”
Lena has been very vocal about her dislike for the new American President, and also told Stern that Trump doesn't have anything positive to say about her either.
“He said I was a B-list actor with no mojo,” she laughed on the show, which prompted Howard to ask if she felt a president should be spending so much time worrying about what celebrities think of him.
“Here’s the funny thing, of course, it’s a mistake, but we’re talking about him like he’s a person who is operating in a sane way, we’re talking about him like a person who doesn’t have a personality disorder,” she answered.
Howard also quizzed Lena about her threat to move to Canada if Trump became President, and the actress/writer confessed she never took the idea of the former reality show star winning seriously.
"(It) seemed like an impossible joke. I was like, ‘The most qualified candidate we’ve ever had (Hillary Clinton) is running against a steak salesman. We’re going to be fine’.”
Meanwhile, Lena has decided not to wage a war of words with the new leader, no matter what he says about her: "All he does is talk about women like they’re objects,” she said during a New York Times event last week (ends03Feb17). "It doesn’t reclaim our power to talk about him like he’s an object. It doesn’t reclaim our power to insult his physicality.”