New 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer Features Captain Marvel & The Return of Hawkeye!
early this morning, Marvel fed our hungry souls with a new trailer
for Avengers: Endgame, and now more than ever, the
knowledge that this massive franchise is winding to a close is
The trailer includes a lot of footage from past movies – many of them the first movies that introduced some of the main characters – which brings the franchise full circle. One of the biggest takeaways from the trailer, though (in contrast to the previous ones), is a permeating feeling of HOPE. These guys are ready to fight back and they are ready to WIN!
Other juicy tidbits include:
- Another voiceover from Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr), but this time he seems a lot more determined. Where the first trailers seem to imply that he has given up, this one is like NOT SO FAST…
- The glorious return of Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), which shows him teaching his daughter (or possibly Kate Bishop?) how to shoot arrows, his heartfelt reunion with his BFF Black Widow (what’s good, Clintasha shippers!), and a phresh new ‘do. Welcome back, Hawkeye!
- A clean-shaven Cap (Chris Evans) telling Natasha (Scarlett Johansson) that some people are content to move on, “but not us.”
- Scott Lang,
AKA Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), looking very distraught
as he sees a telephone pole completely covered in MISSING posters.
As you may recall from the post-credits scene in Ant-Man In The
Wasp, Scott was in the middle of a mission when at least some
of his comrades, including The Wasp herself Hope van Dyne
(Evangeline Lilly) and her father Hank Pym
(Michael Douglas), were ash-ified in The Snap. We
did not see who exactly got incinerated though…
- The whole crew rocking some sweet new gray, black, and red uniforms, solidifying them as an inseparable unit – even Nebula (Karen Gillan)!
- Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) making her much-anticipated crossover appearance, in this instance with Thor (Chris Hemsworth). Is it just me, or did girlfriend get herself a makeover in anticipation for her meeting with the God of Thunder? (I mean, I would…)
- “WHATEVER IT TAKES.”
The fact that this could be the last time we see a lot of these characters in the MCU is really starting to hit home, folks. Here hoping thatAvengers: Endgame turns out to be a proper send-off…
Find out for sure when the movie hits theatres April 26!
(Image via Marvel Entertainment)
- Katie Marzullo, YH Staff Editor