+the news


Malin Akerman helps hairstylist buy Los Angeles home

Actress Malin Akerman has used a portion of her hard-earned cash to help her hairstylist buy a home in Los Angeles.

The generous Watchmen star offered to provide her pal Maranda Widlund and her husband some financial aid so they could purchase the two-bedroom bungalow in Los Feliz.

They accepted and according to TMZ.com, Akerman now owns a 27 per cent interest in the $811,000 pad, meaning she handed the Widlunds a check for $218,970 . The couple will own the remaining 73 per cent of the property and will be responsible for mortgage payments.

Error! Unable to retrieve any Images!