Singer Sam Smith was evacuated from his hotel in New Zealand after a fire alarm rang out on Monday (20Apr15).
The Stay With Me hitmaker, who flew into Auckland on Sunday (19Apr15) for the latest stop on his world tour, was forced to leave the comfort of his five-star hotel room early in the morning when an emergency warning was sounded.
Smith joined other guests standing outside the building on a busy street as fire crews arrived. A picture obtained by Nzherald.co.nz shows the singer wearing a blue jacket with the hood pulled up as he waited outside.
An onlooker says, "It was the last place you'd expect to see a multi-million dollar international pop star... We were shocked when we saw Sam Smith evacuated out of the hotel and standing on the pavement with the hoi polloi (sic). He wasn't a diva or anything. He didn't make a fuss. He just waited patiently like everyone else."
The incident turned out to be a false alarm.